Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Memphis smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in total charge of your Memphis home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Memphis?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even talk to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for added reliability. It also offers complete remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check live or saved footage from any linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Memphis by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open door will cue you to take action. Note that you can still arm the system by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Memphis
Although many users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, choose email or phone and provide the info to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you would like to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Memphis smart home. Contact (901) 763-6618 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.