Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become customary for countless residents. You enjoy the benefit of having goods left right at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels sitting in the open are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a serious issue, but you are able to do something about it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to combat package theft, but they give you significantly more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’re sure to be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Memphis video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps progressing. You are now able to customize detection zones, talk to whoever’s at your door, and obtain real-time notifications whenever a package arrives.
The simplest way to find out how a Memphis video doorbell camera works is to look at the various perks it offers. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging burglary with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your door and items on the walkway below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Crystal-clear images any time of day: What’s the use of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? Leading models will give you exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy instant updates from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and deliveries.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody standing at your front door? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to find out their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to scare off people lurking around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will help you cut down on false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to see real-time and archived video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even permit you to communicate with the person at your door. These devices have turned into must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.