Are wireless smart homes in Memphis a wise choice?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired components joined through a drawn-out installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has reinvented the market and created a wealth of new possibilities for residents.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Memphis is a good option for you and your family? See what you should know about going wireless.
What you should know before going wireless
The core of any wireless network is a stable link to the internet. Consistent, speedy internet and a high-quality wireless router are the main elements you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in the last few years, think about switching it out now to benefit from the latest performance improvements.
If you dwell in an area without dependable high-speed internet or mobile coverage, you could be better off with a hard-wired connection. And, it could make more sense financially to stay with an existing configuration if you move to a house already wired for security.
Irregardless of where you are located, network and utility outages can occur. Taking this into account, find security solutions with battery and cellular backups to keep you connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Memphis?
The chief goal of any home security system is to protect your family from threats like theft and fire. You can do this with wired and wireless systems, but if you want to take advantage of the newest advancements, a wireless smart home is your top option. By installing a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to lock your entryways or scan live footage from your mobile device? A wireless smart home provides a degree of access you’ve never seen before. You can investigate or make changes to any system components remotely, like your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant notifications: You can not only access your system, but it can also access you. If a device is triggered, a notification will be sent automatically to your cell phone app. You’ll always be alerted when there’s a security event, no matter whether you’re home or away.
● Flexible and scalable: Different from wired components, you can place wireless options practically wherever you wish. Interested in having a surveillance camera on your shelf or in your nursery? No problem! It’s also simple to incorporate or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Possible disadvantages of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Memphis have proven dependable and effective, there are a few potential disadvantages. Consider the following:
● You may have to replace batteries. If you have battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will notify you when battery life is dwindling and often last for many years without needing a new battery.
● Placement of devices. There may be a limit on how far you are able to place wireless sensors away from the primary command hub. This isn’t likely to be a concern in most homes, but you should inquire about the limit before moving forward.
● Threat of online hacking. In a similar fashion as other computer networks, the threat of hacking is present. But you can considerably minimize this risk by using hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Memphis today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can provide by designing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll appreciate having access to your Memphis security system from any location. Dial (901) 763-6618 to get started.